What is a Custom Wealth Advisor?
1. made or done to order for a particular customer.
2. plentiful supplies of a particular resource.
Each word is powerful on its own.
Combined, they become meaningful.
We define a Custom Wealth Advisor as an expert in their field who follows a systematic process to provide advice for protecting your valuables (your assets, your business and your investments, as well as, your knowledge and values) in a way that’s tailored specifically for you and your family.
A Custom Wealth Advisor will begin by helping you define your objectives.
A Custom Wealth Advisor will then educate you about your options for meeting your goals.
Finally, a Custom Wealth Advisor will guide you toward the best recommendations for you.
What is the Custom Wealth Advisor Network?
The Custom Wealth Advisor Network (CWA Network) is an international network of financial planning professionals who all believe that there is a right way and a wrong way to engage clients in the financial planning process. The CWA Network is a place where advisors can surround themselves with other like-minded professionals, and where consumers can learn exactly what today’s financial professional should be doing for them. With CWA advisors located around the globe, we are quickly becoming one of the world’s most trusted voices to share the best of what works in comprehensive wealth planning.
What We Do
We remove the guesswork and mysteries from the financial planning process to help advisors deliver more value and grow their practice. We take the guesswork out of hiring a financial professional to help consumers better understand the difference among advisors, regardless of their title or professional designation. If you’re an advisor, we can show you how to run effective and efficient client meetings that deliver more value — in less time — and drive your firm’s success. If you’re a consumer, we teach you what you should look for when hiring a financial professional so you can be confident that you and your family receive advice in every single planning area. Best of all, we know our advice and training works because we actually do this for a living.
We’re on a mission to transform the financial services industry into a profession over the next five years. Why? We do it because we believe that financial professionals like us can change the world, one client at a time. We do it because we feel that financial advising is the most challenging, interesting and rewarding field there is. And finally, we do it for you. In the end, it’s the client/advisor relationship that matters. We learn from you. We admire you. We are thankful for you.
Why We Do It
What We Believe
The CWA Network would like you to understand exactly what we believe about financial planning professionals.
- We believe that what should be celebrated is the best planner, not the best marketer or the advisor with the most assets under management.
- We believe that we shouldn’t teach something until we do it first.
- We believe the biggest planning sin is focusing solely on investments.
- We believe in sharing our failures.
- We believe there should only be one accepted professional designation for comprehensive financial planning.
- We believe that calling yourself a planner or advisor means that consumers can count on you to provide comprehensive planning.
- We believe that financial products should never be sold. They should be recommended when they meet a client’s needs, objectives or enhance their desired situation.
- We believe that when you need a financial services product that it’s the advisors’ responsibility to shop for the product with the best price and fit.
- We believe there should be a universal set of defined standards for each phase of the financial planning process.
- We believe it’s the advisors’ responsibility to quarterback the implementation of the financial plan.
- We believe advisors must educate consumers. There are far too many areas in which the consumer doesn’t know what they don’t know.